Welcome to the Yoga for Men Veterans Program and Prospective Cohort Study of Yoga and Mindfulness for Physical and Psychological Wellness through the University of South Florida College of Public Health.
How do I get started?
- Watch the video on this page.
- Create your account using the form below. If you don't get a response within a few minutes, you can go to https://yogaformen.com/account/login and create an account using the same email. You're already pre-approved for access. You won't see any subscriptions in the account homepage, because this is a free program! As long as you keep taking classes, it won't expire for at least a year.
- Set up your space - Having a mat, blocks and a strap is great, but you don't necessarily need them. Just make sure you’re on a comfortable, sturdy surface. Towels can substitute for both straps and blankets, and large books or other solid household items may substitute for blocks. Work with what you’ve got.
- Get started.
What do I need to do for the study?
- Try to take at least 2 classes per week and do 2 meditations per week.
- Take as many classes as you wish!
- You are not bound to those labeled for the Veterans Program, so feel free to explore the site. Yoga for Athletes, Beginners, etc. are also available.
- Answer the surveys as they come through. You can expect the first one in about a month, and then every 3 months or so.
- Above all else, be safe and go with what’s working for you. Yoga is about small, incremental changes. Focus on the daily discipline.
What is Yoga for Men?
Yoga for Men (YfM) is a St. Petersburg, Florida company that aims to bring yoga to as many people as possible. We started out with the goal of helping men overcome the barriers that keep them off the yoga mat, but our mission soon became one of making yoga accessible to everyone, no matter your body type, level of experience, or degree of mobility.
The retail sales portion of our operation helps to fund this Yoga for Veterans program, but you are under no obligation to ever purchase anything on this site. We also try our best to never show you advertising, so that you can keep focused on your own practice, but since some of our ad settings are universal, you might see a pop-up or sidebar ad during your time in the program. Just ignore them and keep on practicing.
What if I have questions or feedback?
- Feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org . We will respond as quickly as possible.
- Send us feedback! Tell us what you like, and don’t like. We’ve built this for you and want it to be special.
Download the Informed Consent to Participate.
(You don't need to do anything with this, since you already consented, or you wouldn't be here. It's just for you to keep if you want.)